This 104HP (mainly) black case brings connectivity, flexibility, and serious power.
We’ve put together a 20+ image hi-res gallery to show off this beauty, which is a pretty rare thing to say about a literal rectangle, but first let’s see how Befaco stuffed this case with thoughtful design choices.
Befaco 7U Case Features
- 650€ assembled / 550€ DIY retail price (tax included)
- 7U 104HP case with ability to place the 1U row in the middle OR center
- Power rating of 5A @12v, 2.5A @-12v and 4A @ 5V (beefy!)
- 6 1/4″ jacks with color-coded nuts
- 2 USB A ports (charging & USB host duties)
- 1 USB Type B port
- MIDI In / Out / Thru
- Internal connectors fully compatible with Intellijel 1U modules
- VESA mount compatible
- Kensington lock compatible (yay, security!)
- Plastic dust cover included (no ~$70-90 upcharge, that’s refreshingly pleasant)
- 150W power adapter included
Running it back… gobs of power, 1U row flexibility, fancy pants VESA mount compatible, Intellijel compatible, Kensington compatible, included cover, and a cool strap? It’s almost like Befaco were designing this case for themselves. Hmmm…
We have designed our 7U Case following our own needs for a kick ass case. Our non-stop pursuit for the ultimate weapon.
Yep, that checks out.
It’s fantastic to see Befaco seriously enter the enclosure segment (JumpSkiff DIY Kit not withstanding). If you’ve been to a modular show recently, Intellijel’s 7U performance cases frequently dominate the landscape. And with good reason, it’s an excellent form factor.
The no-charge included cover and additional I/O connectivity vs. existing cases make this an obvious choice for gigging. If 7U is a little too large, there are always Intellijel’s 4U palettes and NANO Modules Caixa 104 to consider.
Befaco’s case just hopped to the adjacent possible of what 7U can be. If you’re looking for a new case in this size, in either fully assembled or DIY flavors, support Befaco by purchasing directly from their website. Expect units to become available by the end of June 2023.
We’ll update this post with more links / info as they become available. Happy patching!
- Update #1: Confirmed no handle attachment, one drawback on the ‘gigging’ front, but not an insurmountable issue.
- Update #2: Befaco is including a set of black & red nuts that lets you color code the six 1/4″ jacks however you want. Very nice touch.
- Update #3: Looks like Befaco just refreshed their website, new homepage dedicated to the 7U case and all.
Befaco 7U Case Gallery
Note: all images courtesy of Befaco / www.befaco.org