The Make Noise team is at it again with their predictable, cookie-cutter hardware and dry, forgettable module promos. If the goal was to make Mary Shelley proud, Walker Farrell and co. passed with monochrome colors.
Ok, goggles off. Make Noise just announced an update to their iconic 7U 104HP CV Bus Case. It’s bigger, it’s better, it’s … zone-ier. The brand new 4 Zone CV Bus Case is the exact same size, but beefs up every other possible specification.
- Completely redesigned power bus board with reduced noise & superior load regulation
- Power goes from +12VDC @ 1.4A, -12VDC @ 1A, and +5VDC @ 1A to +12VDC @ 4A, -12VDC @ 2.4A and +5VDC @ 1A
- That’s a difference of +2.4A on the +12 rail and +1.4A on the -12 rail, a serious power bump
- Module connections jump from 18 to 32
- There are now four zones of isolated positive+negative power on the busboard, allowing for modules that “don’t play nice” to be separated from each other, cleaning up the noise levels & overall audio path of the case
- A redesigned CV Bus with dedicated vertical power header
- Improved 1U utilities, including the Voltage Maths module on the left-side of the CV Bus and Stereo Line Driver on the right-side of the CV Bus
Overall, this is a strong iteration of an already iconic case.
Which brave soul is going to give us before/after noise measurements on their rack output? Who knows, but please don’t go changing any time soon Make Noise.