For twice the size you get manual offset, two macro buttons, and a nice dose of visual sanity. A quick rundown of features:
- 4 additional & freely assignable CV inputs
- 4 manual offset control knobs
- 2 assignable performance buttons (for mutes, tap tempo, navigation, etc.)
- No need for an additional power header (powered by main module)
The modules that AXON-2 can interface with are:
- Pamela’s PRO Workout (clocking modulator)
- Squid Salmple (sample player)
- MFX (stereo multi-FX processor)
Directly from ALM:
The addition of AXON-2 increases the Squid, MFX or Pam PRO’s total number of CV inputs by 4, greatly increasing the possibilities for vast modular manipulation. Each of the CV inputs includes an offset for hands on control over parameters assigned to CV. Per assignment digital attenuation and offset via the host module is also available for fine tuning the modulation or control over parameters.
The AXON-2’s large buttons are great for controlling select functions in a live performance environment or adding convenient quick navigation shortcuts when making edits. The buttons functionality and assignability are dependent on the host module. See respective manuals for details.